We are a boutique corporate commercial law firm based in the Nation’s Capital – Ottawa, Canada – a global technology and business center and the home of the Canadian federal government and numerous Crown corporations (www.ottawa.com). Our clients rely on our depth of experience and strong industry knowledge to assist them in transforming their corporate initiatives and global innovation strategies into their competitive strategic advantage through successful strategic partnerships.
Our Practice focuses on:
- Corporate Commercial Transactions
- Corporate Governance, Compliance and Risk Management
- Intellectual Property development, acquisition, commercialization, and protection
- Privacy, Data Protection and Security
- Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
- Technology Commercialization and Transfer
Within the following Industries:
- Financial services
- Information Technology and Telecommunications
We represent a wide range of clients, including publically and privately held knowledge-based companies, government entities, Canadian Crown corporations, Canadian Chartered banks, and Fortune 500 multi-national corporations. We work side-by-side company founders, business leaders, senior executives, sourcing specialists, procurement officers, contract managers, and corporate counsel, and are integral members of transaction and business deal teams. We strive to be more than just a legal advisor to our clients. Our goal is to become our client’s key preferred legal and business partner by consistently offering responsive, efficient, and cost- effective legal services and creative, thoughtful, yet practical solutions to achieving our clients’ strategic business goals and objectives while always carefully assessing and managing risk to the company.
Our practice is based on the following guiding principles:
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in every aspect of our services and client relationships. We achieve this excellence through consistently delivering the highest quality of legal services and providing maximum value to our clients.
- Knowledge: We have extensive legal and industry knowledge and are committed to continuous learning and professional development related to the industries we serve and all aspects of the law that governs them.
- Respect: Services are provided in a culture of mutual respect both during and after the close of a specific engagement.
- Trust: Just as successful long-term strategic partnerships are based on trust, our client relationships too are based on trust, honesty, integrity, and ethical practice.