Your commercial transactions have the power to be an effective tool in transforming your corporate initiatives into successful strategic partnerships – giving your company the competitive strategic advantage required in today’s global marketplace. However, the fast-paced evolution and innovation of technology and communications can create complex legal issues and risks for corporations. We draw on our extensive experience and our deep knowledge of the law and key industries, in order to provide deal specific, practical advice and guidance to our clients.
We have extensive experience in structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex commercial transactions for the development, acquisition, licensing, distribution, outsourcing, transfer, and protection of technology and communication products and services (and their underlying intellectual property rights). Our transaction experience includes:
- Application Service Provider (ASP), SaaS, and Cloud-based service delivery agreements
- Outsourcing arrangements
- Joint ventures
- Managed services arrangements
- OEM arrangements
- Software development and systems integration arrangements
- Technology manufacturing agreements
- Hardware acquisition and related maintenance and support agreements
- Enterprise-wide software licensing and support arrangements
- Global distribution arrangements
- E-commerce transactions
- Web site development agreements
- Service level agreements/support agreements
- Escrow arrangements
- Colocation/Facilities management agreements
We prepare standard form commercial agreements for our clients.
We also assist deal teams on technology and IP-related matters in M&A transactions involving the acquisition, transfer, or assignment of technology and IP rights and assets, and on financial investment transaction involving early stage and emerging technology companies.